- Premium quality medium-silver copper-phosphorus brazing rods for air-conditioning and refrigerator copper connection.
- Silver content in alloy: 5% (Silver-5).
- Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.8 and ASME SFA 5.8 (BCuP-3). Rod Size: 20” x 1/8” x 0.050” (500 x 3.2 x 1.3mm).
- Chemical composition wt%: Silver: 4.8-5.2, Phosphorus: 5.8-6.2, Copper: remain.
- Brazing temperature range: 1350F-1550F (723C-843C).
- When heated quickly to its liquidus, Silver-5 will flow rapidly and easily penetrate into tight clearance connections. With slower heating the alloy melting range provides the ability to filler wider gaps.
- No flux is required for copper brazing. Apply appropriate flux for brazing brass or copper to brass.
- Often chosen as an economical alternative to higher silver content alloys (like Silver-15) for copper and brass applications.
- Priced for package. Deep quantity discount available.
|AWS/ASME SFA5.18||BCuP-3, Silver (5%) PhosCopper Alloy|
||20” x 1/8” x 0.050” (500 x 3.2 x 1.3mm).|
|Typical Brazing Temperature